25 FebMake Facebook stop beeping at me
Facebook seems to have recently changed notifications so that if your browser window is not active when you get a notification, it will beep at you. Even for a ‘like’.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the time or inclination to click back to Facebook every time someone ‘likes’ something or sends me a Care2 request.
Here’s how to shut off that infernal beeping:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=notifications
- …under “How You Get Notifications”, uncheck “Play a sound when each new notification is received”
- Save and rejoice.
Latest posts by Joshua Guffey (see all)
- Search text using Regex in Chrome web browser [extension] - July 12, 2013
- Search and find an IP address match using Regex - July 12, 2013
- Stop Thunderbird from putting sent mails in inbox - March 5, 2013